Do you love words?
This year’s +Culture Shots programme is calling on aspiring writers to pen a poem, a short story or even write a song as part of the CHANGES creative writing competition.
It is a very exciting time for Manchester as the city rejuvenates and is reborn as a centre for culture and the arts. Everywhere you go things are happening; Central Library has just re-opened after a 4 year redevelopment, Home (the new Cornerhouse) is due to open next Spring and the Whitworth Art Gallery will re-open on October 25th 2014 as a 21st century gallery in the park.
The modern world never stays still for very long and it is this dynamism of change, renewal and rebirth that we would like you to harness in your writing. What does change feel like? Does it inspire and energise everything around it? Or does it create nostalgia for the past and what once was?
What does change mean to you?
Please send your entry to email@example.com by the 31st August 2014.
· Entries must be submitted electronically
· Name of entrant, title of work and contact details MUST BE CLEARLY MARKED ON FRONT PAGE OF ENTRY.
· No more than 2 entries per person
Winning entries will be announced on the 30th September 2014 and will be performed by professional and drama students at CMFT in all atriums across the site and in the newly opened Whitworth Art Gallery.
The Changes creative writing competition is open to all staff from:
- Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Trafford General Hospital
- Stretford Memorial Hospital
- Altrincham General Hospital
- Greater Manchester NHS Community Service Providers
- Whitworth Art Gallery
- Manchester Museum
- Other participating cultural organisations and artists